There were huge numbers of all three Scoter species as well as Common Eiders at 
Montauk Point today, all mostly on the Sound side.  My wife Tracy and I also 
got great looks at four or more Razorbills landing and feeding with some of the 
closer Eiders.

We also saw a beautiful adult Lesser Black-backed Gull among a large flock of 
gulls feeding on Starfish trapped on shore, also at the point.

The previously mentioned Black Vulture was flying low over Camp Hero  and I'm 
90% sure we saw an immature  Red-shouldered Hawk near Third House.

Rob Bate

(On a side note, the two female Harlequin Ducks I reported at Fort Tilden last 
week were probably immature Scoters as I do question how good a look I had and 
as no one else has seen two females though the lone male has been seen by many. 
 My apologies.)


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to