Just in time for the Brooklyn CBC count week, I found an adult Black-headed
Gull roosting with ~300 Ring-billed Gulls on the 69th Street fishing pier near
the Owls Head Wastewater Treatment Plant in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
This is very likely the same bird that spent last winter in the area. I had
done some searching for it previously this fall, but this was the first
sighting. I have also done some searching for last year's Common Gull, with no
luck yet. There seems to have been an increase in the number of gulls around
the WTP during this cold spell.
I neglected to report a couple of weeks ago an immature Black-headed that was
amongst 800+ Bonies in Gravesend Bay.
See you afield,
Shane B.
Brooklyn NY
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--