I just had an immature male Ruby-throated Hummer at the feeders.  Until this 
fall I hadn't had hummers later that 9/25.  This fall we've had atleast 6 
different hummers visiting the feeders.  We've had a hummer almost every day 
since the beginning of september.  For the last two or three weeks we've had a 
female that took up residence on an impatience hanging next to my oriole feeder 
which she mostly eats at.  She's been joined on and off by a deformed hummer 
for 
a few days which has now left and by one or two others that spend a day or two 
but then leave because of her chasing them away from the feeders.  So far the 
male is the only one here today but he better watch out for the resident 
female, 
she takes on anyone including the bees.  I just adore these little jems.

Andrew
 Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist/Wildlife Biologist
37 Tanglewylde Avenue
Bronxville, Westchester Co., New York 10708-3131
Phone: 914-337-1229; Fax: 914-771-8036


      
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to