En-route to Jones Beach St Pk, Nassau Co., I stopped at the  Robert Moses St/Pk 
Hawk Watch from about 0930 to 1130 AM.  N. Harrier, then Osprey, were the most 
numerous species during that time, followed by Kestrel, Merlin, a few 
Peregrines, and a couple of both, Sharp-shinned & Cooper's Hawk. An imm. Bald 
Eagle was seen prior to my arrival, although  I did manage to see the 
continuing Cattle Egret, at Parking Field 5
For the 2nd day in a row, I looked for the Brown Booby at the J.B. Fishing 
Pier, Coast Guard area, and  of course, all the land, sea, and air I could 
safely peruse, while motoring between both state parks. To no surprise, I 
couldn't find it... only to wonder how far afield it got, a full day after 
being released? 
While at J.B., I did see my FOS Prairie W. and  D-e Junco.
Cheers, Bob


                                          
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to