The reason for this post is to alert everyone to be on the lookout for the 
above. Photos of the bird were sent to me by Bob Horvath & Cathy St. Pierre 
(Wildlife Rehabilitators) to see if I concurred with their tentative ID as a 
BRBO- which I did. The bird's yellow feet/legs are seen quite vividly in the 
photos.
I believe the distressed bird was found in Lynbrook, Bob & Cathy were notified, 
they captured it, a vet. gave it a clean bill of health, it spent the night in 
Bob & Cathy's bath tub eating small fish, and was then judged to be well enough 
for release. 
Per Bob, the bird took off from the pier area and headed  n/e over the bay. 
Getting down to J.B. in record time, I looked for the bird at the fishing pier, 
the Coast Guard area, and the Wantagh Pkwy Bridge area, n/o the tower, without 
success.
I have a new computer and am currently trying to learn how to forward the 
photos.
Cheers, Bob
  
                                          
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to