I'm not sure what you mean by "the Scandinavian race."  If you mean L. fuscus 
fuscus, they are darker black that Great Black-backed Gull and still unreported 
in North America, AFAIK.
You may have had some form of L. fuscus intermedius.  I'd love to see a photo.  
Peter Post and I wrote two articles about Lessers in Birding in 1996 discussing 
these forms.  
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY


--- On Mon, 9/13/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Hescher Pk to Shinecock Inlet
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 7:43 PM



 
 

After leaving Sy Schiff and Joe Guinta I headed East to Hecscher St park 
where I found a single  adult Lesser Black Bk gull. It's coloring was as 
dark as a Greater with stunning yellow legs and red spot on its bill. According 
to one field guide it would be of the Scandanavian race.  



      
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to