Hi Guys-
I can't 100% positive, but I really think I saw that Barrows  
Goldeneye off Centre Island Beach & no i do not have a scope or pix :- 
( I did sit infront of the police booth  on the rocks for a really  
long time - prob 1/2 an hour before I was frozen and the sun slipped  
behind Oak Point.
Does anyone know if it was in the company of a female? This bird was.
They were pretty far out and the Sound was pretty choppy - but based  
on the less round shape of the white spot, the amount of black on the  
back and the shape of the head, I'd say Barrows, but I'm willing to  
be corrected. There was nothing else around to compare it to - not  
even a scaup and the Brants were too close to shore.

Susan Herbst
graphic design/illustration/photography
516-633-7730
[email protected]
www.susieart60.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/MermaidSuesStudio





--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to