claudia,
 
One might consider that the huge winter crow roost along the railroad  
tracks and waterfront in Newburgh also includes,  or shifts somewhat  at times, 
because I have noted hugh mass gatherings of crows at Powellton Golf  Club 
along Balmville Road and Interstate 84 and also on Grand Street,  just north 
of the Newburgh Free Library.
 
I live in Fishkill, just east of US 9, and I have noted during  the winter, 
flocks of crows headed westward to Newburgh (about 8 miles) and  I have 
been as far east as the Taconic Parkway and Interstate 84 and noted crows  
flying westward (about 18 miles).
 
However, on one late afternoon visit to the Shawangunk NWR, several winters 
 ago, I noted several flocks of crows heading in a southeasterly direction, 
 presumably heading toward Newburgh.  That distance is about 25 miles.
 
Ed Spaeth

-- 

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Archives:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to