abhyudayareddy commented on PR #4104:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hertzbeat/pull/4104#issuecomment-4240452018

   Thank you both @Duansg and @zqr10159 for taking the time to review!
   
   I want to address point 3 specifically, as I think there may be a 
misunderstanding: **Prometheus Remote Write receiver monitoring is 
fundamentally different from scraping a `/metrics` endpoint.**
   
   - A Prometheus **scrape target** exposes a `/metrics` endpoint that 
HertzBeat polls — the existing Prometheus template covers this.
   - A Prometheus **Remote Write receiver** (Thanos Receive, Cortex, Mimir, 
VictoriaMetrics) accepts time-series data pushed via HTTP POST. The monitoring 
goal here is to check the health/readiness of that receiver — e.g., 
`/-/healthy`, `/ready`, and write-path availability. This is a distinct 
topology and is **not** covered by existing templates.
   
   On point 2: I'd genuinely appreciate if you could point out the specific 
errors in the template so I can fix them. I want to make sure the YAML is 
correct.
   
   On point 1: I understand this is separate from issue #1945 (HertzBeat 
ingesting remote write data itself). This PR's scope is narrower — monitoring 
*external* remote write receivers. I can update the PR title/description to 
make that distinction clearer if that would help reconsider.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to