[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4456?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Christopher Tubbs reopened ACCUMULO-4456:
-----------------------------------------

Re-opening to investigate:

With the upgrade to thrift 0.10.0 (ACCUMULO-4551), I was investigating the 
removal of the code to track oneway methods and adding a test in ACCUMULO-4584. 
After removing the code which was no longer needed, I saw that the 
{{ReplicationCoordinator.Processor<ReplicationCoordinator.Iface> 
replicationCoordinatorProcessor}} wasn't wrapping the {{haReplicationProxy}}, 
and that the latter was left unused.

I believe the correct solution is to wrap as 
{{RpcWrapper.service(haReplicationProxy)}} instead of the previous 
{{RpcWrapper.service(impl)}} in {{Master.java}}, and so that's what I'm going 
to do in ACCUMULO-4584, but I'd like another pair of eyes to verify it is 
correct, before this issue is re-closed.

> Fix exclusion on answering RPCs when lock is not acquired
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-4456
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4456
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: client, master
>            Reporter: Josh Elser
>            Assignee: Josh Elser
>             Fix For: 2.0.0
>
>          Time Spent: 2h 50m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> [~kturner] asked me a good question about what the client does when it tries 
> to talk to a master which has recently lost its active status, how does the 
> client handle the thrown exception?
> Should run a quick local test.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Reply via email to