/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of John D. Hardin
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 1999 12:49 PM
To: Jose M. Sanchez
Cc: Josh Hardison at ADS; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Masq] Printing from behind a masq machine? Yes it works.


/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:

> When two network "segments" are directly connected, your Winblows
> machines on your segment will only see your local computers in
> network neighborhood.
>
> In order to "see" those on the "other side" a multi-homed machine
> must be set up as a WINS server.

If your WINS servers are NT based, you can set one up on each subnet
and get them talking to each other, and they'll exchange name
information. I don't know if this is possible in nmbd.

----

Actually it is, which is why I posted the response. Samba works as a WINS
server just fine...

---

<rant>
WINS is the most disgusting self-polluting sack of cr*p I've ever
had the displeasure to deal with.
</rant>

---

I wouldn't even call this a rant... rather a simple statement of fact! heh.

-JMS

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to