/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


 Hello (Again... *sigh* :-) ),

 I had a linux box configured with dial-on-demand (pppd demand option)
with a LAN on its eth0 interface. Using ipchains, I could access the
internet without problems, but recently, I keep loosing the first packet
again... I am using "1" for /proc/..../ip_dynaddr and ip_forward, but I
have no idea why it looses the first packet :-(

 Could it be DNS related? I run a local DNS server, only for the LAN
machines. Each PC on the LAN has its first DNS as the linux box IP and as
2nd DNS my first ISP dns.

 Any ideas why the first packet doesn't get through, even with that
ip_dynaddr kernel option set to 1?

 Thanks,
 Raul


--
Raul Miguel Pinheiro de Carvalho
ISR - Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Porto
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to