/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On Mon, 8 May 2000, Ian Chilton wrote:

> I am using mIRC under Windows, through my Linux IP Masq server.
> The problem is, when the PPP conenction dies on the Linux box, and
> is restarted, mIRC does not seem to detect this.

Sure. Add this to your startup scripts:

  echo 7 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr

See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ip_dynaddr.txt for
details.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
  768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76 
 1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
                                -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   171 days until Daylight Savings Time ends

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to