/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Ken Hughes wrote:
>
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
> Hi
>
> I hope someone out there can help with some routing issues that I have.
>
> I have a Linux computer running masquerading it has 4 network cards in it
> all are working fine. I have 2 internal networks forwarding packets between
> each using IPchains they are 192.168.1 and 192.168.2 I have a third network
> card on 192.168.3.1 connected to a 3com office connect ISDN modem
> masquerading 192.168.1 and .2 through it to the internet. This has been
> working fine for several years with no problems. I have just added the 4th
> network card to the Linux computer. It is connected to a wireless network
> that connects to the internet at a much higher speed. What I would like to
> do is be able to masquerade through this connection as my primary internet
> connection falling back to the ISDN automatically if the wireless fails. Is
> this possible and if so any help would be appreciated.
What your talking about is some sort of HA script. Since I would think
your
wireless is a 24/7 connection this should be rather easy.
What you need is a script in root's crontab. This script should be to
the
effect of:
if ping -c1 ip.of.far.router >/dev/null
then
exit
else
route delete default a.b.c.d
route add default d.e.f.g
fi
crontab this to run every few minutes or so. Its crude but it will
work.
You may also want to think of a fail back (hey I said it was crude)
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.