/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have an async Cable Modem.

The uplink is dialup PPP.

The downlink is via a Cable modem.

No problems with UDP, and I've been able to get most games working in Masq
either via port forwarding or other techniques.

-JMS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Alex Henderson
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 6:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Masq] dual-interface connections...


/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Does anyone have a dual-interface internet/network connection they
masquerade.

I have a dialup connection for upwards traffic and a satelite connection for
downwards traffic,
connected to a static IP at my ISP.

Now I was wondering if this will cause any headaches for TCP/UDP traffic
(especially UDP traffic
as this relies on the interface as far as I know for incoming traffic).

If this will cause a problem, can I alias the two interfaces into "1"
combined interface, or
is there some other work around.  I have done preliminary tests and TCP
works fine, however UDP
seems quirky and certains games etc. wont work properly (such as the new
game, Asherons Call).

I'm still not sure why.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated,

 - Alex

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to