/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Jag wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> 
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, @home-engstrom wrote:
> 
> > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> > 
> > 
> > I've made several horrible attempts at this, and as yet I can't get it
> > right.
> > 
> > I'm trying to figure out the correct IPCHAINS ruleset to allow traffic in on
> > port 8000 and 8001 so that people can connect to an ICECAST audio stream
> > that I'm sending out of the server on that port.
> > 
> Simple answer, ipchains won't do it.  You need the program ipmasqadm
> which will allow you to setup port forwarding (which is what you want).
> 
Well, I've done it again.. answered an eamil while its way to early in
the morning and got it all wrong.. Let's hope I do better this time :)

Try 'ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 8000:8001' I don't
remember if icecast uses udp as well, but if it does, run the command
once again replacing 'tcp' with 'udp' so that it will allow both
protocols.

Jag

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to