/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I got the most information out of reading TrinityOS, David Ranch put a huge
amount of time into detailing how to setup, configure and tune a Masq server
and everything works!

Go here:http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS.wri

It's pretty long, but well worth the effort.  Pay specific attention to the
firewall ruleset.  It outlines how to secure inbound and outbound traffic
based on services and clients.

Carl
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert T Butler III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 8:21 AM
Subject: [Masq] specifying available services per user


> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
>
>
> Hi,
>    I've successfully set up masq on a 486 running RedHat 6.1.  Everything
> seems to be working smoothly, though I'm still using the basic rule-set
for
> ipchains.  I plan on setting up a stronger set of rules later.  My setup
is
> simple.  I have a single private network (192.168.0.*) being masqueraded
to
> the Internet.  What I want to do is be able to specify which Internet
> services my masqed workstations can access.  I.e., I would like to prevent
> some workstations from viewing web pages, some from reading newsgroups,
some
> from receiving email, etc.  I believe I've given the IP Masq how-to a
pretty
> thorough reading and I can't find any specific info about this, or maybe
> it's there, but just way over my head.  I would greatly appreciate it if
> someone could point me in a promising direction.
>
>
> Warm regards,
> -bob butler
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to