/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Sorry about this, It's pretty lame, but I keep getting the following error
when I switch users or log in to the system

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `then'
bash: /etc/bashrc: line 10: `PS1 = if [ `id -un` = root ]; then'

I think it's because of some typo in the bashrc file, but Ican't figure out
where it is...I copied the improvements to bashrc directly from TrinityOS,
(cut and paste) but I think I have an extra space or something.  any help
would be appreciated.

here's the bashrc file

# /etc/bashrc

# System wide functions and aliases
# Environment stuff goes in /etc/profile

# For some unknown reason bash refuses to inherit
# PS1 in some circumstances that I can't figure out.
# Putting PS1 here ensures that it gets loaded every time.

PS1 = if [ `id -un` = root ]; then
                            PS1='\[\033[1;31m\]\h:\w\$\[\033[0m\] '
                        else
                            PS1='\[\033[1;32m\]\h:\w\$\[\033[0m\] '
                        fi
 
Thanks all

Carl Engstrom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to