/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Assuming you have secured your box, "Rusty's Three-Line Guide To Masquerading", found
here:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1 will get you in the right
direction. I also
suggest giving that whole IPCHAINS-HowTo a good read.
Alan
Simon Lemieux wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
> Hi,
> I just connected my PC (Redhat Linux 6.1) to my new High Speed modem. It
> works well. I bought another Ethernet card to connect my LAN to my computer.
> It also works well... I mean, I can connect any of the computers in the LAN to
> my computer.
>
> The problem is that I am still unable to reach the internet with my mac (on
> LAN) through my PC. I was told I needed IP masquerade to do so... I've read a
> bit about it and I think my problems would be solved with ipchains -M but it
> requires some option I've been unable to understand and no documents seemed to
> talk much about it...
>
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks,
> Simon
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
> http://im.yahoo.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.