/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rodney Clay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 12:56 PM
> To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> Subject: [Masq] IPMASQ REJECT log
> 
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ 
> before posting! */
> 
> 
> Is there any literature on interpreting the various REJECTs
> in the MESSAGES log?  I've got something like:
> 
> input REJECT eth1 PROTO=17 17.10.1.121:137 17.255.255.255:137

Just break down what it's saying.  The input chain rejected a packet that
came into ETH1, protocol number 17 (Uhm, I think it's TCP, but you might
want to check /etc/protocols), from ip 17.10.1.121 on port 137, don't
remember what that last number means.

> L=78 S=0x00 I=4224 F=0x0000 T=32

I think these are IP header flags, if you want to know more about them, pick
up a TCP/IP book someplace, I'm using one from an MCSE exam prep.
        Greg

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to