/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On 03 Mar 2000, John Clabaugh wrote:
 
> modems trying to duplicate the usability of the WebRamp.  After fighting 
> with the IPCHAIN rules and the routing table, I finally gave up.  I'm 
> assuming that it IS possible, but no one that I have spoken with seems to 
> know the secret.  Either the WebRamp is doing some internal "black 

First the routing table is checked and then the ipchains rules.  For any
particular TCP/UDP connection, packets must be sent out on one interface.
However, with multiple connections, you can use multiple interfaces.  You need
some sort of dynamic routing.  This could be done in the firewall code, but
you'd probably have to patch the kernel to do it.

-- Michael Best

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to