/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hmmm.... How is your routing table? Issue /sbin/route and check if there
is a route to ppp0 when your ppp0 is active.
Raul Miguel Pinheiro de Carvalho
ISR - Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Porto
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Curt McNamee wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
> Hey all, I have two kind of stupid questions for you all. I currently have
> an RH 6.1 kernel 2.2.12-20 system using IPCHAINS doing my MASQ routing to
> the internet for my two internal nets. My linux box has eth0
> (192.168.1.254) & eth0:0 (192.168.0.254) servicing nets 192.168.1.0 &
> 192.168.0.0 and ppp0 (dynamic IP) connected to the internet. What I would
> like to do is have requests from each of the private nets to the private
> nets hit eth0 or eth0:0 and requests to the outside would hit ppp0. I
> understand that is how the masqing principle works. When I do a traceroute
> from anything on the internal nets it tells me it hits eth0 or eth0:0 but
> never ppp0 (even when going outside), is there anyway I could get it to show
> it using ppp0 rather than just eth0 or eth0:0? Another question is when I
> check masq'd connections (netstat -M) it tells me that 192.168.1.1 is using
> masq to get to 192.168.1.2, is there anyway I could get 192.168.1.1 to
> connect with 192.168.1.2 without using a masq connection? Thanks for the
> help!
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ICQ - 654042
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.