/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On 2 Mar 2000, Shawn Martin wrote:
 
> I'm trying to set up port forwarding to allow PC Anywhere 8.0 to work
> through the firewall.  I found the below  instructions on this WEB site
> http://www.tsmservices.com/masq/detailform.php3?104

I assume you are trying to have a computer behind the firewall be a host
computer.  If you are doing the opposite--a computer behind the firewall being
a remote, or client--you don't need any extra configuration.

Here's the config using portfw:

/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_portfw
portfw -a -P udp -L $EXT_IP 5632 -R $PCANYSERV_IP 5632
portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXT_IP 5631 -R $PCANYSERV_IP 5631

Of course you should replace or set PCANYSERV_IP and EXT_IP with the correct
IPs.

-- Michael Best

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to