/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ I recently set up a computer to act as a Masq box for a cable modem. Eth0 connects to the local lan with a reserved ip (192.168.1.1) while eth1 obtains it's configuration information via Redhat/Mandrake's dhcp client software. I use dhcpd on the Eth0 interface to dole out IP's to a few local winblows systems. During bootup, dhcpd fails to initialize because it complains about configuration information (in /etc/dhcpd.conf) for the eth1 subnet... If I init eth1 in /etc/rc.local instead, it works (since dhcpd is already up by the time rc.local is run).. but I have the following problem... in all cases... That is, the dhcpd.leases file is not getting updated with the information about the newly connected hosts on eth0, even though dhcpd is correctly assigning IP's. As a result the DNS configuration also does not get updated by cron. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? Thanks. -JMS [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
