/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Kernel 2.2.14 (as all of the 2.2.x series) is using IPCHAINS (I have my masq
machine running on 2.2.14). The IPTABLES/NETFILTER stuff that you were
reading about was for the 2.3.x/2.4.x series of kernels, still a while off.
Greg
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 5:09 AM
> To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> Subject: RE: [Masq] Debian and IPmasq
>
>
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> before posting! */
>
>
> You know, this won't help you with all of your questions, but
> I was just
> reading something tonight which I be damned if I can find it
> again. Anyway it
> mentioned that 2.2.14 kernel would not be using IPCHAINS, it
> would be using
> something like NETFILTER, or something like that. The doc's
> I was reading did
> not mention when any HOWTO's would be out, but it didn't
> sound like the 2.2.14
> kernel is NOT the right choice if you want to use IPCHAINS.
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:59:52 +0100
> Subject: [Masq] Debian and IPmasq
>
> Hi everybody !
>
> I've read trough the IP-Masq-HOWTO and the TrinityOS about
> masqing. But I have a problem. I'm using Debian(2.1, kernel
> upgraded to 2.2.14, masqing things compiled into it by the howto)
> and I don't know where to put the scripts. The docs are
> RedHat/Mandrake/Slackware orientated and I don't have rc.local-s
> and such things. What should I modify in the scripts to get the
> things working ? The scenario is that I would like to set up a mini-
> network with 1 linux server and 3 other hosts(2 win9x and 1 OS/2).
> The internal network is OK and working. But I would like to setup a
> DNS onto the server and I want the other machines to look out to
> the net but I've read I have to set up a working IP masquarading
> system to do this. The DNS server shouldn't be a caching-only
> version. I have dynamic IP (PPP, analog modem) from my ISP.
> So, please help me what should I modify (I would like to use the
> stong-ipchains-script)
> Thanx a lot,
> Ago
>
> "If you love somebody set them free..."
> Sting is GPL fan :-)
>
> [demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at
http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.