/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Michael Best <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Someone else suggested that this is a DNS problem.  I'm not exactly
> sure what the problem is, but it is certainly not a DNS issue.

I believe the DNS problem being referred to is that, when you connect to
a system, such as via telnet, often that system will want to know who
you are.  It will take your IP address and reverse-lookup the number, to
obtain a hostname.  A DNS problem on that remote system will cause there
to be a hang in the session while it tries (and fails) to lookup the IP
address.

However, I agree with you that it is not very likely the source of this
problem.

I think it could be a packet fragmentation problem, but I thought that
IP_ALWAYS_DEFRAG was no longer optional when IP MASQ was enabled in the
kernel.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to