/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Matt Valites <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > That's only 2000 ports, but if your firewall doesn't make many local
> > connections, it will probably be fine. Or you could redirect to another
> > range, such as 8000-12000. Whatever you feel comfortable with. :)
>
> Were do the NAT ports start? In my case i used 2301 4999.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Masq ports? The masq subsystem will
redirect traffic to the range 61000-65096, well out of the way of
typical (and even atypical) usage.
> I was reading/dreaming someplace about using ipchains to mark the
> packets, then using "ip_masq_mfw" but I'm not sure how it would work.
I have not tried that method at all; it didn't make sense to me at first
glance, but then, it was just a glance. So far, portfw has met all of
my needs.
I don't actually see how the mfw method could avoid collisions with
local port usage, though.
> Do you have any idea how/how well that loose-udp game module works?
It's not a module, but a patch to the masq system that's enabled by
default in kernels 2.2.11(?) and above. I don't know how well it works.
Am I the only guy on the Internet not trying to play any games? :)
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone || Experience comes from bad judgment."
http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Life Lessons
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.