/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Masq group. I am in a process of configuring my
> Linux box for IP
> Masquerading. I need help from anybody using NIC (KF221TX)
> with DEC21143
> chipset. My Redhat 5.2 cannot detect the card. I understand
> that the driver
> for this card is built already with the kernel. Anything I
> should do manually
> so that it can be detected in the system. Please help!!!!
Did you try looking at http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/ to verify
that the card is supported and which module the card takes? I'd make a
guess it's the tulip driver in RH5.2 though I know it's also supported in
the DE4x5 driver in kernel 2.2.15pre5.
I don't use that card.
In general you'll add the port address using 'io=0x###' where ### is the
port number in hex (you need the '0x' in front) and the irq using 'irq=nn'
where nn is the irq number.
But I believe the DE4x5 driver will autoprobe. Add a line 'alias eth0
DE4x5' to /etc/conf.modules (change eth0 to whatever device you need if you
have more than one nic). Then running 'insmod DE4x5' and see if your card
is properly detected.
Hope this helps,
Lourdes
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.