/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Robert Cotran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have a linux server connected to the net through a cable modem. 
> Every now and then, the cable modem goes offline for whatever reason. 
> I'd like the to set up PPP so that we can still have an operational
> gateway.

That's strange that the cable modem stops working.  Shouldn't you get
your cable company to fix that?  Seems like it would be cheaper than
subscribing to PPP *and* cable...  :)

> Does anyone have a good howto on how to set up dial-up PPP using PAP?

Did you search the mailing list archives?  I posted a detailed
method that I use to set up automatic dial-on-demand PPP using PAP
authentication.  You should give that a try, if the cable modem can't
be fixed.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to