/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Lee Hamel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have an Athlon system and grabbed the 2.3.41 kernel source.  I need
> to set up my 2 nics under Linux, and share my cable modem.

I don't follow kernel development very well, but I thought I heard that
the ipmasq system was changed substantially in the 2.3.xx series of
kernels (they are experimental, development kernels!), and that they now
make use of a system called "iptables", no longer using the "ipchains"
system that most of us are familiar with on this list.

If that's the case, I'm not sure I can help you.  Have you tried
following the HOWTO's?  Did their advice work?

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to