/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ ok.. here is the deal.. I've got a machine that I need to connect and firewall six diffrent seperate networks (all ethernet). I've got a machine with linux (slack7) and kernel 2.2.14. I am having a little trouble trying to figure out how I can setup this box to masquerade for three of the six interfaces, while still having some level of security. It is currently setup to route all traffic everywhere, but not doing masquerading (so no one can get to the web). here is how I will need it setup. Each interface is a physical diffrent ethernet interface. I understand that I will probably have to block all of the root ports, and allow ports 1024:65535. eth0 - this is the internet 1.2.3.4 represents my real ip address, and no DMZ access is needed/wanted to anything, but it needs access from eth1, eth2, and eth3 (this is a static ip). ip - 1.2.3.4 netmask - 255.255.255.0 gateway 1.2.3.1 eth1 - internal1, this one needs access to eth0, eth2, and eth3.. it needs access from eth2 and eth3 ip - 192.168.1.1 netmask - 255.255.255.0 eth2 - internal2, this one needs access to all, and only needs access from eth1 and eth3 ip - 192.168.2.1 netmask - 255.255.255.0 eth3 - internal3, this one needs access to all but eth5, and only needs access from eth1 and eth3. This one also will have a second ip (using ip aliasing) that will need to do the exact same thing as the first ip. ip - 192.168.3.1 netmask - 255.255.255.0 ip2 - 172.18.100.23 netmask2 - 255.255.0.0 eth4 - internal4, this one needs access to none, and but needs access from eth1, eth2, and eth3 ip - 192.168.4.1 netmask - 255.255.255.0 eth5 - this is a connection to another companies network. The machine(s) on that network may or may not be on that subnet (hense the gateway address) ip - 10.188.40.19 netmask - 255.255.254.0 gateway 10.188.41.254 ok.. now after reading all of that you can kinof get an idea on what I am trying to do. What I need to know is if/how ipchains and ipmasq can do this. I really don't need to do any filtering. Just really firewalling by routing. I have read every example I can find on ipchains, but all of then have to deal with only two interfaces (internal and external). I have setup linux to do masquerading on machins in the past (just not quite this complex). Any help would help. Thanks. - Chuck _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
