/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ Thanks Guys! You were right! My ISP changed their DNS IP. A quick edit on the /etc/resolv.conf and life is great again! thanks for the quick help -Brian -----Original Message----- From: Fuzzy Fox [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 1:09 PM To: Brian Tuley Cc: IPMASQ Maillist (E-mail) Subject: Re: route table dies > I'm running slackware 2.0.34. What would cause this, and were would I > check to fix it? This is strange, since I've not changed anything on > my linux box. Your ISP may have changed something, such as the IP addresses of their name servers. But anyway, start with debugging the PPP connection and go from there. You should be able to use "ifconfig ppp0" to find out the address of the other side of your point-to-point link. If you can ping that IP address, then PPP works, and you have a networking issue. Otherwise it's a PPP issue. Of course, none of this has anything to do with IP Masq, so I'm not sure why I'm answering the question on this list. -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Good judgment comes from experience. sometimes known as David DeSimone || Experience comes from bad judgment." http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Life Lessons _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
