/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Any idea what the equivalent would be using native ipchains?

>>>>> "DC" == Doug Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    >> I'm reviving an oooold message thread regarding transparent
    >> redirection.  The intention here is to transparently redirect all
    >> outdoing packets destined for port 80 (www) at any address to port
    >> 3128 on a specific internal address.  This would allow me to
    >> transparently force all my internal users' browsers to run their URLs
    >> through squid without manually configuring each browser to use a
    >> manual proxy.

    DC> Here is the script I use to activate transparent caching with
    DC> squid. Let me know if you need explanation or if it doesn't work:

    DC> #!/bin/sh
    DC> # http_proxy_start Here are the important settings in squid.conf:
    DC> # http_port 80 icp_port 3130 httpd_accel virtual 80
    DC> # httpd_accel_with_proxy on

    DC> /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid start

    DC> # rc.firewall Linux kernel firewalling rules
    DC> FW=/usr/local/sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper

    DC> # Flush rules, for testing purposes
    DC> for i in I O F # A # If we enabled accouting too
    DC>   do
    DC>       ${FW} -$i -f
    DC>   done

    DC> # Redirect to Squid proxy server:
    DC> ${FW} -I -a acc -P tcp -D default/0 80 -r 80

    DC> Here is the stop script:
    DC> #!/bin/sh
    DC> # http_proxy_stop
    DC> FW=/usr/local/sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper

    DC> # Flush rules, for testing purposes
    DC> for i in I O F # A # If we enabled accouting too
    DC>   do ${FW} -$i -f
    DC> done

    DC> /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid stop

-- 
Jake Colman                     

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

"Every time I think I've idiot-proofed something someone comes up with a
better idiot"

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to