/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


We are trying to support remote faxing with Hylafax where the clients are
behind an IPMasq firewall.

Has anyone in this group used the hylafax client thru an IP masq firewall?
Any recommendations regarding getting our clients operational?

TIA


----- Original Message -----
From: "John Schmerold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 9:10 AM
Subject: WHFC / Hylafax thru an IPMASQ


> I thought I was almost home free (the modem I'm using is squishing sent
> faxes, so I've ordered a Multi-Tech MT2834ZPXB - should be here today -
> can't believe what we paid for a 33.6 fax modem, but if it fixes the
> squishies, I'll be a happy guy).
>
> I tested WHFC on a notebook from my office, it sent faxes, so I brought
the
> notebook to our client's office & plugged it in.  WHFC sees Hylafax, it
> reports the correct version of Hylafax (Hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6.i386), and
> locks up.
>
> Only way to unlock WHFC is to do a ctrl-alt-del, endtask.  Exact same
thing
> happens on Win98, NT 4.0 & Windows 2000 computers.  The only explanation I
> can think of is the fact that the client's computers are behind a Linux
box
> running IP Masq.  I've added the private IP network to
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts thinking, that somehow the machines were
reporting
> their IP address to WHFC, that didn't change anything.   Our client uses 6
> of our Class C addresses, so that network is already included in
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts
>
> It seems to me that it must be an issue with IP Masq.  Anyone have an idea
> of what we can do to remedy this situation?  Is there a WHFC mailing list?
>
> TIA

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to