/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hi Fuzzy,

Well, as you can guess I am not that knowledgeable on these issues.  I am
going to consult with my ISP and see what they have to say.

Have a nice weekend and thanks a lot for your time and patience.

                        Arturo

PD. BTW, What's a Smurf.  I don't think you are refering to those little
blue cartoon characters, are you?




A las 03:29 PM 21/01/2000 -0600, Fuzzy Fox, escribis:
>Arturo - Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >That is a broadcast IP; it goes to everyone that the routers will pass
>> >it to, which apparently includes you.
>> 
>> Most of the entries in my log are to the IP broadcast, is this something
>> that could be misconfigured? should our router not let pass broadcasts?
>
>I'm not really a network administrator; I merely pretend to be one, on
>the lists.  I have never configured a router (other than a Linux-based
>router, of course).
>
>However, it is my considered opinion that broadcasts should always be
>blocked, especially from the external Internet.  There is no reason for
>a host outside of my network to be able to blast every host inside my
>network, at once.  That is the stuff of Smurfs.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to