/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I was playing around with Windows 2000 last night and in their Routing and
RAS Service, the entire NAT feature seems to be stolen from Linux
Masquerading. It also seems to have IPsec and IP-IP tunnelling builtin to
it.
I didn't get a chance to test it thoroughly but the basic stuff like web and
ftp did work. And it didn't need any reboots after making changes to the
interfaces either which was a shock! Though I did manage to blue screen it
while chainging the network settings. Surprise surprise.
Anyway, I dont intend to start a Linux Vs. M$ war here but if anyone has
tested NAT in Windoze 2000 Vs. Masq in Linux, I would like to hear a
comparison.
Thanks,
Shahid
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.