/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hey I have a quick question. I have my RH 5.2 kernel 2.0.36 system as my
Masq box connecting my LAN to the ineternet, and I would like to forward
port 60 on my masq box to port 23 on a linux box on the LAN. I would
usually use ipportfw to do it, but the last time I get the error:
# ipportfw -L
Could not open /proc/net/ip_portfw
Are you sure you have Port Forwarding installed?
And I think I remember to install ipportfw you have to apply the patch to
the kernel source and then recompile it, and I really dont' want to have to
do that unless I have to. So I am trying ipfwadm to forward it. I use the
following command:
ipfwadm -F -a accept -P tcp -S 192.168.1.254 60 -D 192.168.1.1 23
but that does not seem to do it. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ - 654042
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.