/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I can use the SMA just fine with ipchains. I needed no loadable module or
anything, and I doubt you should. The SMA is just a front-end to Microsoft
networking (and ftp and http and blah blah), for the most part, and
typically uses a single outgoing connection. Have you made sure it's not the
other sites?
Can you put an entry in your c:\windows\lmhosts file and then do
\\servername from the Run dialog box? If you can from there, you should be
able to from SMA. Good luck!
--Doug
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
> Of Leeep!!!
> Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 12:42 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Masq] IPMasq, IPChains and Scour Media Agent
>
>
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before
> posting! */
>
>
> Greetings all!
>
> I recently upgraded my masq box from RH 5.2 (kernel 2.0.36) to
> 6.1 (kernel
> 2.2.12-2) and now am using the IPMasq modules and IPChains to serve as a
> gateway for 3-4 home PCs on a LAN. A kernel recompile will be on my list
> shortly =). With RH 5.2, I ran a pretty loose set of rules via
> IPFWAdm on
> a dial-up account. Now that I'm on a cable modem, I've put in a set of
> very restrictive rules through IPChains (dang cable peeps
> portscan and ping
> like crazy! I don't blame those who blow away the entire
> 24.0.0.0/8 domain
> via IPChains =).
>
> My problem is that I can't get the Scour Media Agent (SMA) to download
> anything through the IPChains firewall that I was able to under
> IPFWAdm. I've tried various ports (opening via IPChains and IPMasqAdm
> AutoFW) that I've observed as open via the Win95 netstat command
> to no avail.
>
> Anyone out there successfully get the SMA running through their masq
> box? Is there a loadable module necessary? Thanks!
>
> -eric
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at
> http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.