/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>I find that when i execute the script via the command line, it says:
>
>bash: /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall: No such file or directory
I've seen this first and and it is a terrible error that Linux
gives you. Basically, you have a bunch of ^M s in your file.
By default, Linux's vi doesn't run in binary mode. If you
ran "vim -b /etc/rc.d/firewall", you would see the problem.
remove all the ^M s at the end of each line and it will work.
This problem really don't have anything to do with IP Masq
but should I add it in the FAQ?
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.