/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
SSH, by default, doesn't use the wrappers since it is a daemon, and not
spawned by inetd. In order to use wrappers, you have to configure it as
such, I believe the option is --with-libwrap=<path to libwrap.a> during
the ./configure phase of compilation. ./configure --help will show the
option.
One would imagine that you could run ssh out of inetd, and thus under the
control of wrappers, though I have never investigated this.
Sean
On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Me You wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
> I am using a linux computer with IP Masq to act as a
> firewall for my other computers. After looking
> through many papers on system security it was
> suggested that if you want to close the box tight, you
> should enter ALL:ALL in the /etc/host.deny file to
> deny all host. Does the work only for telnet, ftp,
> etc?? and not SSH??? I have entered ALL:ALL on a line
> as suggested, but am still able to SSH into my box.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one place.
> Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Walberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.escape.ca/~sean
"Fore yeers ago I kudn't spel Engineer. Now I are won."
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.