/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carl Engstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 6:38 AM
> To: IP Masquerading Indyramp
> Subject: [Masq] NetMeeting 3.
> 
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ 
> before posting! */
> 
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> I just upgraded to Red Hat 6.1 and I need a little advice.
> 
> 1)  When I ftp to the my server it still refers to itself as 
> red hat 5.2.
> How do I check which version is actually running?

Telnet in and run 'uname -a'.  I can't remember offhand where that
little logo/identifier is stored, but you should be able to find and
change it with grep.

> 
> 2)  I need to get NetMeeting to run on a masqed 98 client.  
> what can I do?
> I checked the apps page and the solution was to implement  
> "ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 389 389" in my ruleset.  This was for
> IP  chains, the only problem is that there's no ipmasqadm on the
> system.  what did  I miss.  More to the point, does anyone have a
> working solution for idiots  like me that want to run NetMeeting on
> Red Hat 6.1 with win 98 clients.  (That's NetMeeting 3.0 or
> greater)  

I don't think RH6 ships with ipmasqadm, but you should be able to
find it on www.rpmfind.net.  I haven't used netmeeting, because like
any good microsoft product, it doesn't get masq'ed very well.
        Greg

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.1 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBOEfeN5LW/u8jW+lnEQLMhgCffM8qgrFEhY1v6ELK37TvJXoBJCYAoPwJ
UtKwWVlf5rxygX4JxLNHBm6q
=63JN
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to