/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have 2 Win98 SE boxes on an NT domain which is all masq'd.  I've never had
a problem with them.  There were no special options I needed to set.  After
the nic drivers, the services, and the TCP/IP is configured, all works fine.
You need to manually set the IP, netmask, default gateway, and DNS settings
in the TCP/IP settings for your network card, or use DHCP on your network.
I prefer the latter as it is much easier to manage as your internal network
grows.

You can do a 'ipconfig /all' from a DOS prompt to help you find out what
isn't set properly.

-- Derek


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
> Of Bill Schoolcraft
> Sent: November 22, 1999 7:19 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Masq] Linux and Win98 (second edition)
>
>
> Hello,
>
>       After working with Linux here on my LAN, and it taking no
> longer that
> one try at adding on a box to the network, along comes WIN-98 2nd
> edition. I cannot seem to get it to even ping the main box, NEVER have I
> had this problem with the multiple win95 boxes I've added before to this
> masq'd LAN.
>
>       I know the harware is fine for it's dual boot machine with
> Linux on the
> other half of the drive and it works great, same IP address and all. Is
> there an option I'm missing in 98 that 95 doesn't need ?
>
>       This is my wifes machine and she has stuff from work to do
> on it. You
> all know the reasons we keep a windows box on our LAN. I'm about to
> reinstall WIN-95b if there is no solution to this, but I'd hate to
> surrender to defeat.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to