/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Before I ask the question let me describe the setup...I have a local lan
consisting of a laptop and a desktop. The laptop's IP address is unknown
to the reset of the world. The desktop serves as a router and does the
masquerading between the lan and the internet (through a dynamically
allocated PPP address). Of course, I have no access to any machines
besides my two.

Here is the question. I want to be able to telnet (ssh) to the laptop
directly from the internet without having to connect to the desktop
first...I was thinking about mapping the ports on the desktop so that if I
telnet to port 12345 (or some other unused port) on the desktop, the
desktop would route it directly to a port on the laptop. This would allow
me to access the hidden laptop using the IP address of the desktop. 

Does anybody know if this is possible? Or how to do it? Do you at least
know what I am trying to do?

Thanks,
Scott Savarese

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to