/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before, but i just
joined the list.

I have had an ipmasquering/filtering gateway setup for a goodly while now,
but hadn't tried using another linux/*nix box with it (note that windows
boxen work in harmony with the gateway/ipmasq) until the other day. It
works well immediately after bringing up the eth0 device, but connections
start timing out shortly thereafter and nothing works. At first I
attributed this to a poor NIC/drivers, but realized that i could still
connect to boxen on the localnet. It couldn't have been DNS because it
would work after initialization as aforementioned. Additionally, I tried
three other of my linux boxen to no avail. Might anyone know what the
problem is, and more importantly how to remedy it? 

note: if for some reason i left out any information, just ask and i'll
provide if possible. 

thank you

*- aaron pratt - goatboy



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to