/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



I'm looking for a solution to a problem I have.

Because of Y2K and the fact that we would like to have some redundancy, we
would like to forward requests to certain IP adds/ports from one machine on
the LAN to another.  So if I telnetted to 167.16.1.11, I would actually get
another machine, say 167.16.88.12.  Now this IS NOT across a MASQ link since
all IP addresses are actually registered (I am not using any of the
192.168.0.x and 10.0.x.x etc...) so I'm not sure I can get there with MASQ
and port forwarding per se.

I also looked at REDIR but was not sure this was what I wanted either.

I was easily able to get it working across a MASQ network using all the
documentation, but again, this is not across a MASQ.  I have two NICs
available in my LINUX machine available with two IPs so if they need to be
on different subnets, that's ok.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.

Using kernel 2.2.10, IPCHAINS 1.3.9, and IPMASQADM.

-------------------------------------------
Provided to you by Matt Hrynkow




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to