/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hi,

I got SuSE Linux 5.3 updated to kernel 2.2.9

I got a small network with firewall and masquerading and a webserver as well 
as mailserver all on one machine due to a static IP. I have a few windows 
boxes behind the Linux box.

Now I got ICQ to work on my windows box without the IP_masq_mod for it. 
*shakes his head* Why would there be a masq modules for ICQ if it works 
without. Beats me.....

I got a different problem. I try to use VDOPhone and 
SpeakFreely(http://www.speakfreely.org) on my windows box.

I can not make a connection to my other party in a real sense. I can make 
the other side hear/see me but I can't see hear the other side. *growl*

Here is some output from my system:
mail:/root # ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
target   prot opt     source           destination           ports
user_out all  ------  192.168.1.0/24   anywhere              n/a
user_fw  all  ------  anywhere         192.168.1.0/24        n/a
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
target   prot opt     source           destination           ports
user_msq all  ------  192.168.1.0/24   anywhere              n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
Chain user_out (1 references):
target   prot opt     source                  destination     ports
ACCEPT   all  ------  shango.montiehouse.com  anywhere        n/a
DENY       all  ----l-  anywhere              anywhere              n/a
Chain user_fw (1 references):
target  prot opt     source           destination    ports
DENY    all  ----l-  192.168.1.0/24   anywhere       n/a
DENY    udp  ----l-  anywhere         anywhere       any ->   1:1023
DENY    tcp  ----l-  anywhere         anywhere       any-> tcpmux:1023
ACCEPT  all  ------  anywhere         anywhere       n/a
Chain user_msq (1 references):
target  prot opt     source           destination           ports
MASQ       all  ------  anywhere      anywhere              n/a
mail:/root #

mail:/root # ipchains -M -L
IP masquerading entries
prot expire   source                 destination          ports
UDP  04:19.06 shango.montiehouse.com icq.icq.com          2074 (61014) -> 
4000
UDP  04:13.99 shango.montiehouse.com news.tci.east-lansing.mi.us 2112 
(61057) -> domain
UDP  04:48.91 shango.montiehouse.com news.tci.east-lansing.mi.us 2117 
(61062) -> domain
TCP  00:52.32 shango.montiehouse.com vitesse.fourmilab.ch 2118 (61063) -> 
2076
TCP  14:21.96 shango.montiehouse.com 152.163.241.189      2116 (61061) -> 
5190
TCP  14:56.79 shango.montiehouse.com 205.188.4.226        2114 (61059) -> 
5190
TCP  01:20.86 shango.montiehouse.com bucp-r01.blue.aol.com 2113 (61058) -> 
5190
mail:/root #

My setup is:

Internet<-->SuSE(mail)<-->Windows(shango)

As you can see at this time I ran ICQ, Aim, SpeakFreely on my Windows box. 
But Speakfreely doesn;t give me the sound of my other party. Eveyerthting 
else works like surfing, FTP, just not speakfreely or vdophone.

I mean it works one way but I can;t get any sound or video back to me.

Help Please!!!

Marcel



_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to