/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hi all,

Quick administrative message here on three important topics.

1) Posting to this list is restricted to subscribed addresses. This means
if the list software doesn't find your address on the subscriber list,
your post will be held for approval, and probably rejected. Sometimes I
look through the held posts to see if they're of substantial interest to
the 600+ subscribers to this list, but more often I just look through,
discard spam, and reject the rest.
        If you want to post from a second address, I recommend subscribing
it and then turning the NOMAIL option on, which will avoid you getting
duplicates. You can do this on the web page mentioned at the bottom of
this post.

2) When you're replying to a post, PLEASE cut out anything that isn't
needed to establish what you're talking about. When you quote an entire
message or an entire thread, you increase the bandwidth needed to deliver
the list, and also fill up digests more (making them more difficult to
read). 

3) I'm going to be updating the list software again this weekend, and the
new update should take care of the bug that has the [masq] repetition in
subject lines. I'm trying to remove [masq] from the messages in the
archives, so we'll see how it goes.

Finally, I'm thinking of adding a networking bookshelf to the masq page at
http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ which would give visitors an easy way to
pick good books on linux and networking, as well as giving a bit of
financial support to the maintenance of this site and list. 

If anyone would like to recommend books for this bookshelf, please drop me
a direct email at rnovak @indyramp.com and I'll add it to my list.

Everyone is invited to visit the page regularly to see our advertisers and
help support the list and web site. You can also search the list archives
from there (search engine database is updated every morning around 1am
pacific time) and reach a fairly fast west coast archive of the IP
Masquerade Resource.

Thanks,
Rob
masq list manager
-- 
Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * indyramp.com/~rnovak
             "You can't always go by the manuals." -- The Doctor
             "It's wanting that keeps us alive." -- Paola Franco
No lemons were harmed in the composition or transmission of this email message.


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to