/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Where do I find the ICQ module? Did it come with the original distro?
Sean
-----Original Message-----
From: Fuzzy Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, July 19, 1999 11:43 AM
Subject: [Masq] Re: ICQ module
:/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
:
:
:
:Leung Yau Wai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:>
:> I think some of you have come across of some problem using ip masq
:> with ICQ. Sometimes user can't make the direct connection or can't
:> recive files.
:
:My main problem was that I could not have more than one user behind the
:firewall running ICQ, nor could a single user receive messages not
:directed through the ICQ servers.
:
:> I find that someone wrote a ip_masq_icq module for Linux, I would like
:> to know do anyone use it b4?
:
:This module solves both of my above problems.
:
:> I found the modules seem not document very well, so I can't really
:> make use of it.
:
:Why do you think it is difficult to set up? Was ip_masq_ftp difficult? :)
:
:Simply compile the module, copy the ip_masq_icq.o file to
:/lib/modules/<kernel-vers>/ipv4, run "depmod -a", then you can
:"modprobe ip_masq_icq".
:
:You must disconnect and reconnect your client in order to have the
:module notice it and start masquerading. You will see it log some
:messages to the kernel log when this happens; watch your "dmesg" output.
:
:> Esp. the Client ICQ program.. Do the ICQ behind firewall? Do I need
:> to allocate fixed port to ICQ?
:
:You tell your ICQ client to pretend that it is NOT behind a firewall.
:The protocol module will mangle the ICQ traffic to make it work.
:
:Note: If you, like me, run a rather tight firewall setup, you will need
:allow incomping TCP connections on the port range 60200-61000. This is
:where the module will redirect incoming connection requests.
:
:--
: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of
peanut
:sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love."
: http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Charlie
Brown
:
:
:_______________________________________________
:Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
:or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:
:PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
:You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
:
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/