/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hello there

[Newbie mode on please. It's my first experience w/ IP Masq , so my
prbolem might be very well of topic. In that case just point me to the
appropriate resource]

Software: ipchains 1.3.9
          Linux kernel 2.2.10-ac10 (all relevant kernel options compiled)

I have the following problem: When forwarding traffic over a given
interface i want the IP address re-written to a rule I specify. For
the time being the only related ipchains Masquarading option I could
find is 

ipchains -A forward -s x.y.z.w -i ppp1 -j MASQ

Which, AFAICT, just re-writes x.y.z.w into whatever address the ppp1
iface happens to have. Which is not exactly what i want. I want to
_specifically_  control how the address is re-written, on a per
interface basis (i know, it sounds strange,  there are a lot of
lateral issues to consider but that's exactly what i need to do) 

Can anyone point me to the appropriate resource ? (In case you ask, I
already  tried the ipchains manual, the IP chains HOWTO and the IP
masq mini-HOWTO).


Regards,

Florian.


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to