/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
At 07:52 PM 7/11/99 -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Glenn Davis wrote:
>
>> > Take a look at:
>> >
>> > ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html
>>
>> Thanks for the help, but they only talk about PPTP and IPsec on that site
>> which apparently UUnet does not use for there service.
>
>"they" is me. :)
>
>Do you have a URL or any other documentation of the SecureRemote
>protocols? I may be able to develop something if I can get a look at
>the protocol specs.
>
>--
> John Hardin KA7OHZ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5
> PGP key fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5 E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Efficiency can magnify good, but it magnifies evil just as well.
> So, we should not be surprised to find that modern electronic
> communication magnifies stupidity as *efficiently* as it magnifies
> intelligence.
> -- Robert A. Matern
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 60 days until 9/9/99
>
Sorry John I didn't realize.
Anyway, I am still trying to get info from UUNET. So far I know that
the service is called ExtraLink and I got the following from the web.
"Extralink is a virtual private network implemented with encryption over
the shared UUNET IP infrastructure. This service includes complete
management of the customer's VPN that includes
routers, local access, and network backbone. Moreover, ExtraLink includes
quality of service guarantees for up to 99.9 percent network availability
and less than 150ms unidirectional latency.
Extralink is implemented with UUNET managed routers and on-site system
measurement units."
Extralink uses a Checkpoint's SecuRemote software for the W95/NT client.
I will be talking to them to get info on the protocol spec, since I know
the info above is probably little to no help.
thanks,
glenn.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/